Sunday 27 July 2008

a little accident...

Monday morning - day 14,
Having decided that I can no longer use 'Jet-Leg' as an excuse anymore, I made a concerted effort to drag my backside out of bed this morning for training.

I got up at 7am to go for a short run, I ran from home, over Wado bridge, through Miyashiro town, to the Dojo and back again. It's only short, and took about 20 minutes. It was enough to start with, at least until my body fully acclimatises.

When I got home, I had some breakfast and a shower, then it was off to the dojo for morning self-training. I'd forgotton about the new 'dance' class at the dojo (They just hire the hall, Arakawa Sensei doesn't teach it!). So we had just over an hour for training.

After training, we headed to the internet cafe at Tobu. On the way there, I er, had a little accident. My backpack, that I use everyday, has a 'water tank' in it, with a over the shoulder straw. It's very useful in this heat. Anyway, when I put my back on the floor of the train, I inadvertently pressed on teh straw. After a few minutes, their was a river of water all the way down the train and a very cross-looking train conductor! I hastily got my towel out of my bag, and set off drying up the floor before the train arrived at Tobu station. Thankfully, their was only two other people in our train carraige, one of whom was asleep. The other guy, naturally thought the whole thing was hilarious.

When we got to Tobu, with Amy still laughing at me! I rung out the saturated towel and hung it over a railing outside the internet cafe to dry out. I updated the Internship blog inside and then we headed home.

It wasn't until we got home that I realised that i'd left my towel at Tobu. Again, Amy decided to laugh at my misfortune. I left Amy at home and stole her bike, on route to the internet cafe (which is only a 10 min bike ride), I decided to try and find the elusive Joyful Honda.

I went the same way as before, to Sugito station and passed McDonalds. This time, I turned left and after a few minutes came across the store. I think the Japanese guy who gave Amy directions before just wanted to mess with the Gaijins lol. I had a look around the store, and picked up a few supplies (pringles, mmm!)

Afterwards, I went back to internet cafe to upload some photos on the blog, and of course to pick up my towel!.

On the way back, I headed straight to Lawrence’ place for a private lesson with Kota. Kota, by the way could one day give Lewis Hamilton a run for his money in F1. He's a total Karting junky, and spends all his free time, and no doubt all his parents money, on Karting practise.

After the lesson, Me and Lawrence went to the local Noodle place for snacks before we headed to the dojo for our English class.

No comments: